Important security tips
Security tips and precautions
- Never allow your browser (for example, Internet Explorer or Netscape) to save your personal identification number (PIN).
- Keep your Internet banking and ATM PINs safe. Don't keep them in the same place as your card.
- Do not run any program files unless you know they are safe and where they come from.
- Ensure you are at the Standard Bank website by checking the address and security certificate.
- Have an anti-virus package installed and keep it updated.
- Control who has access to your computer. Do not allow anyone to install programs on your computer without checking that it is safe to do so.
- When banking online, always type in our full web address (https://www.encrypt.standardbank.co.za). Make sure there is an "s" in the http section - it signifies the connection is secure.
- Do not link to Standard Bank Internet banking from other sources.